I have troubles winning a battle
Check the following tips & tricks to try and win the battle you're facing!
View our video on YouTube for basics of the basics by using this link
Check some more hints below:
Position your units properly!
- Observe the position of the enemy and tailor your setup to theirs.
- Place your ranged units behind your melee units, so that enemies cannot easily reach them.
- Place your cavalry in such a way that they can try and reach the enemy ranged units - they will charge and leap over the first line of infantry, engaging whoever is positioned behind them.
Make use of obstacles!
- Put your archers behind palisades or terrain features to protect them from the enemy and allow them to deal damage for much longer than it would be possible otherwise.
- Be mindful: obstacles are double-edged swords though, so think ahead and consider how your own units can make their way around them.
Use skills quickly!
- Use your skills as soon as they become available!
- Direct damage skills, like 'Boulder Smash', may just take out a few enemies and your remaining units will receive less damage.
- Healing takes a while to activate, so by the time you can use it, your units will have taken quite some damage, and you may save some of your soldiers!
Make use of different commanders!
- Not all commanders are perfect for every battle.
- Sometimes, it makes more sense to use unit-spawning commanders than Innana’s healing, because the spawned units can entertain enemy archers.
Spawned units also count for the purpose of determining the winner – if your spawned units are the last men standing – you won!
Change tactics that don't work!
- Don’t try the same thing more than two, three times!
- If it just doesn’t work, you may want to change something – use a different army formation, try different commanders, or apply the skills at different regiments.
- With enough patience and creativity, you are bound to succeed!
If you need to see the above-listed battling hints in a more visual form
, view the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQz8BbjnXhA
Finally, you can also join our community on Facebook or Discord and ask our expert players for help! Join those channels here (please note: Discord and Facebook are not published by InnoGames - your data in those services is not managed by us):